Tom H Ixq

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Brea, California

Website/Company was sold - not the same quality - stay away

Tungsten World - Website/Company was sold - not the same quality - stay away

I bought my original Zeus Tungsten wedding band from Tungsten Online back in 2013. Unfortunately, my original ring cracked in 2016 from banging my hand on glass. I didn't realize tungsten was somewhat fragile until then. I reached out to Tungsten World via email as they had a $50 replacement policy for life. I got a replacement ring, it was the same as my original - awesome. Unfortunately, this ring too, cracked and I again reached out for a replacement. This time getting some customer service help was a little slower and the persons answering the customer service line were overseas. The original person responding to my emails was nice and helpful, but that's where the positives end. I noticed on the email signature 'Under New Management', and from there it all goes downhill.

I got the replacement ring and immediately knew this was not the same ring. The heft of my original ring (16 grams) was not there. I weighed the new ring and it was 8 grams. It also didn't have the comfort fit of my original ring. I emailed them and they acted like it was the same ring. Long story short, I never got the same ring, paid $50, and then found online reviews stating what I found out - that the company and website had been sold and now they were selling cheap Chinese/Japanese products.

I ended up finding a suitable couple replacements on Overstock as well as some silicone rings for work/play.

Avoid Tungsten World as their products are not as advertised!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Cheapr pricing
Cons:
  • Not as advertised

Preferred solution: Alert other potential customers of the products theyre selling not be as claimed on their website

User's recommendation: Avoid Tungsten World - Cheap rings not as advertised!

Anthony M Exu

Never got my ring back, after i mailed it for a larger size.

The form said to mail back if it's not your size, I did and now it's been weeks and I haven't heard from you guys..

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Resolved
Michael R Ayc

Resolved: Poor product quality

MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH SETTINGS IN TUNGSTEN RINGS!!! I purchased a tungsten ring with a solitaire inlay for my wedding ring in December, we got married in February. Being that the wedding was more than 45 days after purchase, the first time the ring cracked (my wedding day) it was no longer under warranty and I had to pay the deductible $50. Realizing that setting a stone in a metal like tungsten was the culprit, I asked to swap to a ring with no stone setting and asked for the money for the stone back. Being that my wedding was more than 45 days after purchase it was no longer covered under warranty and they couldn't issue any refund or check. A few weeks later a new ring arrives, and within weeks it's cracked again. They offer to replace it for free this time, but I still had to ship it insured and tracked "so it didn't get damaged" (it's already broken, but sure). I again ask for a refund as this inlay thing just isn't working out, but no refund possible. A few weeks later a new ring arrives, and within weeks it's cracked again. They, AGAIN, offer to replace it for free this time, but I still had to ship it, AGAIN, insured and tracked so... A few weeks later a new ring arrives, and within weeks it's cracked AGAIN!!!! I live in Costa Rica so shipping takes time, but I got married in February and I've worn my ring for a total of 6 weeks in 10 months and it took 4 rings to get to 6 weeks of wearing. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY
Loss:
Pros:
  • Customization options
  • Diversity
Cons:
  • Product quality
  • Company responsibility of poor quality
Damaged or defective

Preferred solution: Price reduction

map-marker Anaheim-Santa Ana-Garden Grove, California

NO CONTACT

Returned my husbands broken, tarnished ring according to their instructions along with a $50 check for a replacement. Went to check status on shipment and they received my ring last Friday, April 5, 2019 and now their website doesn't open and their phone is disconnected. Sounds to me like some shady business is happening. I've tried every way possible to contact them with no luck. Don't buy from here, bad business, they take your $$ and close up shop. I have no idea what I'm going to do because now they have my ring and my money.

Bad experience when trying to return an item

I purchased a wedding band foe my husband for christmas. Got the ring. All my husband did was try it on and it was too big. In order for me to return it, i have to pay fod tge shipping, plus pay 20 dollars for them to reclean the ring. This company is a total rip off. #1 it does not cost 20 dollars to ship the ring or to clean it. I would not tecommend this company to anyone.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Shyrl Mwg

Tungsten World - Wedding Tungsten Ring Review

Tungsten World - Wedding Tungsten Ring Review
I purchased a ring from this company on 12/15/17 with a guaranteed shipping time of two weeks. My credit card was charged the same day, but after several attempts to contact the company, I didn't receive the ring until 1/12/17, just two days before our wedding. Upon receiving the ring, it was not what I had paid for, engraved fingerprints were not on the ring as confirmed that they would be. After refusing to refund my money because of the poor customer service that I had received, I finally agreed to return the ring for the engraving that should have been done over a month ago when I ordered it. I had to pay return shipping and then wait for the ring. Upon receipt again, it wasn't as advertised, but it would do, I just wanted to be finished with this company and deceitful practices. My husband has worn the ring for only two months and a large section of the ring broke out. I contacted the company again and was told that we were at fault for abuse to the ring. My husband has worn the ring, but has not damaged it. It is my understanding that tungsten is one of the hardest metals made and any jeweler will concur that tungsten will not break while being worn without an impact that would crush a human hand. Obviously the ring was damaged while being made or is not in fact tungsten as advertised. The company wants me to pay even more money for the warranty and absolutely refuses a refund. I do not want his defective ring or a replacement at this time. I feel that this company has shown disregard to me as a customer and refuses to accept any wrong-doing.
Bad quality
Amberlin Ych

Never buy anything here!!!!

Bought a wedding band for my fiancé, first it was the wrong size sent it back. Once it was returned back to me it was the wrong ring! It was missing a custom engraving, they told me to send it back again and it would be fixed. Received the ring back today and it is still missing the same custom engraving I get married in two weeks and they are not accommodating! I have paid over $100 sending it back and forth. They are not willing to pay for the multiple times I have had to send it back, and have been very rude!!!!
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Preferred solution: Full refund

map-marker Spencer, Ohio

Review from Spencer, Ohio

I bought a tungsten carbide wedding band for my husband. It was about 6 months before we got married. The ring was fine until the day after he started wearing it. It broke right at the diamond the 2nd day wearing it. Fine. I paid 50 dollars and shipped it back for a replacement. The replacement came and broke again in the same spot after wearing it a week this time. I wanted my money back and was told since its been over 45 days we cant do that and we will give you the same type of ring just a different metal that isnt as breakable(i thought thats what the tungston carbide was). I was told they ship the first one out without the 50 dollar charge if it is a defect like that but I paid the 50 the first time. So he told me there would be no charge on the replacement. Fine whatever, so I shipped the broken ring again. I was told its special order it will be a few weeks. So it has been over a month and I cant get ahold of the company. No one answers the phone or has replied to my email. Im pretty mad seeing as how I read so many good reviews. Why did I get such *** service? Are they out of business? Why wont anyone reply back to me?
Bad quality
map-marker Saint Louis, Missouri

If you return anything it will cost you almost $45!!

So if your order something from tungstenworld.com, they give you free shipping, but what they do not tell you is that if for any reason you need to return or exchange, they will charge you the original shipping fee of $20, then they expect you to return the item in a new box (Can't be the same box they shipped the item in) and YOU have to cover the cost of the shipping and the new box, about $24 at your local UPS. So basically, you will be out almost $45! What a ripoff! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! www.tungstenworld.com is an awful company

Hello Patrick,

We are sorry to hear how you feel about our return/exchange policy and we want to assure you we are not an "awful" company. To start, we do want to let you know that all policies are clearly posted on our website in a few different areas.

The same instructions found on the backside of your invoice can also be found here on our website: http://www.tungstenworld.com/perfect-fit-file/45-Day-Perfect-Fit-Policy-Domestic.pdf. We have no hidden fees and are more than happy to speak with any potential customer about the cost of completing an exchange. Also, looking into the order associated with your ring, it appears that our associates spoke with Sarah last week about completing the return for refund. In the notes, our representative detailed the refund policy but also offered her a possible free exchange or discount on an upgraded product if she chose to do a refund instead of an exchange.

As you noted, we do offer free shipping on initial orders and as you can see, we also go the extra mile in trying to keep customers with our company by providing things like the free exchange and upgrade discount noted above. However, if a ring comes in for a refund, there are costs associated with our associates time in processing not only the refund but also their time in taking care of the original order (the cost of shipping back to us is not something we profit off of, customers are told to use a new box to avoid the possibility of having their return tampered with or lost and in turn not being able to receive any form of refund).

We hope this explains some of the reasoning behind our policies and once again you can view these on our website at anytime. If you do still want to consider our offer for a free exchange or discount on an upgrade of the ring, we would be happy to honor the offer our associate spoke with Sarah about.

Jacqueline Prb
map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

False advertising with Tungsten rings

When my husband and I selected on a tungsten ring for his wedding band, I felt comfortable with the decision because it was supposedly indestructible. We were very pleased with the purchase at first and had them blessed by a priest for our ceremony. But then after only a month of wearing it, Vaughn had taken off his ring to do some work in the garage and dropped it - it shattered on the concrete floor of the garage. When I looked into the warrantee for the supposedly indestructible ring, I found out that the company claimed to not be responsible for the sentimental value of the jewelry and that even though tungsten is indestructible - tungsten carbide (which the rings are made of) are a compound that's essentially a ceramic. I feel as though we were lied to when looking for rings. http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Tungsten-Ring-Broke/250169****49153
Guest

as a manufacturer in tungsten products, I can tell you that tungsten can become very fragile because of the fact that some companies do not mix the alloys properly. Please refer to your jewelry maker and tell them you know the alloys weren't mixed properly and will report them on their iso certifications. This show motivate them to fix the issue.

Brian G Kmt
map-marker Irvine, California

Tungsten World sells poor quality tungsten rings

I purchased a tungsten carbide ring from Tungsten World. At first I loved the ring because it had a very pretty shine and a good weight behind it. With only a few months the ring tarnished and turned gray. Completely lost its shine and looked more like a stop sign pole. I called Tungsten World and told them what happened. They then accused me of placing my ring into harsh chemicals and making it tarnish. I felt insulted and what did they think I was doing, dipping my hands into harsh chemical agents??? When I asked them for a lifetime warranty replacement, they told me I needed to pay $50 to use their lifetime warranty replacement. I asked them, "Are you kidding? I can get a brand new one from another website for $50 and their rings probably won't tarnish like yours." I decided not to get ripped off twice. Thanks for your *** ring and stealing my money Tungsten World, I hope you choke on it.
Guest

I have a TW wedding band and have been married about 3.5 years. The ring has numerous chips, dings, and blemishes which started developing months after owning.

Recently while moving a futon (not a couch, a futon!), the ring cracked completely through (but is still wearable).

The quality of the ring seems suspect to me. I would post a picture if allowed.

Guest

Sorry, I meant to say Greg, not JoJoVan.

But anyway, I don't think $50 is a "small price to pay" just to return an item. Thank God everyone doesn't charge $50 to return an item!

Guest

I don't know how JoJoVan got a free ring replacement, because mine arrived today and the size was wrong, so I thought it would be easy to just call and return them (there were no engravings, and they just arrived today!). But no.

They said there would be a $20 charge to return one, or $30 to return both.

Also, there are just too many complaints about this company's rings. I guess I will return them and go somewhere else.

Guest

Don't trust what you read on this website! Pissed consumer leaves negative comments for companies and then tries to make them pay a ridiculous amount to "manage" their reputation.

Guest

You must have gotten your ring from a different company because when I had a problem with my wedding ring, I called Tungsten World and they replaced my ring for free! since there was a slight defect.

Thats how a company is supposed be; great customer service!

The new one they sent me looks as good as it did when I first got it over a year ago and I get lots of compliments on it! Thanks Tungsten World

Guest

I had a problem with a ring from Tungsten World also (wrong size). I had them send a new one and been happy ever since.

I think $50 to cover shipping and replacement is a small price considering a brand new ring is coming your way. Idk thats just me. I was referred to them from friends who are also very happy with their ring and the service they recieved.

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. Hope it works out!

Guest

You have to understand, Tungsten World is a business like any other company. They are all just trying to make money off of you.

I got a bad ring from them too and I realized that I should have stuck to my first intention and got one at the mall. I end up going to Kay Jewelers after all.

Guest

Yeah, seems like a lot of people got screwed by Tungsten World. If you look at the prices of their rings, they are the most expensive tungsten rings online and they have the most defects. Looks like the owners of this place is just trying to make a quick buck on bad merchandise.

View more comments (7)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article